The Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5 is arguably the most verstile in the Hoka Range. With 'ATR' denoting an "All Terrain" design, the Challenger has become one of the best selling shoes in Australia due to it's suitability to Australian Trail & "door-to-trail" running. I.e the shoe that you can run both roads & trails together.
Known colloquially as the "Trail version of the Clifton" , The Challenger ATR is constructed of the same midsole material as the Clifton with the same midsole stack heights and heel-to-drop, but with a more reinforced/secure upper and an ATR outsole designed to eat up any terrain you throw at it. Likewise with the Clifton, the Challenger ATR maintains the "Cushion-to-weight" ratio that Hoka shoes are renowned for.
- A New 4mm lugged outsole that gives a smoother, more durable and versatile ride.
- Midsole tooling has changed to extend the life of the shoe and minimise lateral midsole compression
Model Number: 1104093-DBHRR
Weight: 266 Grams (size US 9)
Width: D - Standard
Heel to Toe Drop: 5mm
Best for: Trail Running
Support Type: Neutral
- Full EVA Midsole that gives you trademark Hoka cushion
- Meta Rocker Construction means with a rockered geometry the is designed to encourage efficient running mechanics and reduce metatarsal/forefoot pain.
- Bevelled Heel offers soft and effortless transitions from heel to toe
- Semi-Straight Last means more foam through the midfoot giving ingrained stability through every stride
- High Abraison Rubber Zones enhance durability whilst minimising weight
- Trail-lugged outsole design ensures grip where you need it
- Full Ground Contact gives inherent stability and relaxed transitions from heel/midfoot to toe
- Proprietary Carbon Rubber blend gives great blend of durability and traction
- New Dual Layered Engineered Mesh upper gives increased breathability whilst retaining ultimate comfort nand durability
- Reinforced eyestays provide improved durability and support where it's needed most
- Lightweight Mesh gussets stop tongue movement and slippage
- TPU toe Cap gives the shoe extra durability when scuffing on the trails