Like a good adventure partner, the Black Diamond Distance FLZ is strong when you aren’t, supportive when you’re bonking and easily adjustable when the terrain calls for adaptability. Taking the crossover expertise of the Distance Z and adding FlickLock Pro adjustability, the Distance FLZ is a mainstay for hard-hitting mountain athletes. Pole-locking is secure, fast and easy, and a three-section foldable design allows for fast-response deployment.
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable shaft with speed cone deployment and FlickLock Pro adjustability
- Aluminium construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbine Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
Z-POLE RAPID DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from BD’s expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.
Weight per pair: [95-110 cm] 440 g (15 oz) [105-125 cm] 455 g (1 lb) [120-140 cm] 470 g (1 lb 1 oz)
Usable Length: [95-110 cm] 95-110 cm (37-43 in) [105-125 cm] 105-125 cm (41-49 in) [120-140 cm] 120140 cm (47-55 in)
Collapsed Length: [95-110 cm] 34 cm (13 in) [105-125 cm] 37 cm (15 in) [120-140 cm] 40 cm (16 in)