When the ounces matter on long distance hikes or mountain journeys, the lightweight, highly adaptable Black Diamond Distance Carbon FLZ delivers 100% carbon construction, FlickLock Pro adjustability and a three-section foldable shaft. Combined with interchangeable, non-scarring Tech Tips and a lightweight EVA foam grip, your grasp and traction will be bomb proof.
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable shaft with speed-cone deployment and FlickLock Pro adjustability
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
Z-POLE RAPID DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from BD’s expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.
Weight per pair: [95-110 cm] 345 g (.75 lb) [105-125 cm] 355 g (.8 lb) [120-140 cm] 365 g (.8 lb)
Usable Length: [95-110 cm] 95-110 cm (37-43 in) [105-125 cm] 105-125 cm (41-49 in) [120-140 cm] 120-140 cm (47-55 in)
Collapsed Length: [95-110 cm] 34 cm (13 in) [105-125 cm] 37 cm (14 in) [120-140 cm] 40 cm (15 in)